Rugs are the essential interior decoration elements. Rugs can beautifully transform the house. These are the decoration as well as the source of comfort and warmth. But have you ever imagined? What kind of rugs are you using either machine-made or handmade? Each type mainly owns some qualities. Stylish handmade rugs are unique and versatile and constructed by hands. The automated machines manually design Machine-made rugs. Each type holds specific characteristics. Let’s find out the key differences
Before explaining all the differences keep in mind that all affordable rugs in Dublin are available at the rugs gallery, you can get the one that fits your purpose at the rug store.
Handmade rugs are produced in the areas where the labor is relatively affordable such as India, China, Turkey, Afghanistan and Pakistan etc. Handmade rugs are available in both the traditional and modern designs and patterns. Handmade rugs are amazing pieces of art that really enhance the value of your home in 2020 and onward. This is such a wise investment that you will never regret buying one. Find the best rugs at rug gallery Columbus Ohio.
Hand Tufted Rugs
Hand tufting is one of the most common and easiest approaches for making and constructing a rug. Modern, traditional and contemporary all kinds of rugs are designed by using the hand tufting technique.
A vast variety of textures and designs is available. Hand tufting guns are used. Designs on the canvas come into form by using the gun. Hand tufted rugs are present in the variety of materials such as wool silk and cotton. Acrylic, viscose and other synthetics can be used. Hand tufted rugs are mostly made in the Asian countries and the Middle East. Hand tufted rugs are available in the rug gallery. 2020 is an era of style buy the latest rugs from the rug store.
Hand Loomed Rugs:
Hand loomed rugs are mostly made in the Asian countries. In this method looms are used and the power is supplied by the hands and feet. Weaver is a man.
These are the flat woven rugs either made by the handloom or the loom that is electronically operated. 2020 rug trends also include kilims.
Hand knotted rugs are the real pieces. They are so costly and the cost is quite meaningful. Knots are made with a great effort. One rug has thousands of knots and all these rugs are made by the human effort. Hand knotted rugs have a proper warp and weft scheme. Yarn is knotted in the warp of the hand knotted rug.
There are the Persian and asymmetrical knots. Style of the hand knotted rug is amazing. To design a single rug takes a long period of time. One man cannot make a rug overnight. Yarn, fiber colors everything is real natural and remarkable. In 2020 handmade rugs are still in trend.
Selection of Handmade Rug
Handmade rugs are easy to identify because of the unique features they own. But now a day’s machine made rugs come in variety with very minor differences with the handmade rugs. Let’s dig deeper to make the identification easy
All these affordable rugs in Dublin are present at the rug store Dublin Ohio.
Factors For Selecting Handmade And Machine Made
Check the Backside of Rug
One of the easiest methods to check the authenticity of the handmade rug is to check the back side of the rug. Handmade knots are easily visible. Hand knotted rugs are made in a time of a year. Warp is sewn and it is not a feature of the machine made rugs
. Handmade rugs exist in a wide variety. Imperfections are common and the intriguing factor is that every rug is unique you can never find one rug twice. Color scheme is always different. Two rugs made and designed by the same person cannot be the same. To get a good quality rug visit the rug gallery Columbus Ohio.
Handmade rugs are so soft. This softness is not present in the machine made rugs. 2020 handmade rugs are very soft made with the high quality material.
Check the Colors
Handmade rugs are made up of the natural colors derived from the plant. These are the vegetable dyes. These dyes will not bleed on washing. They are blended in the fibers of the rug. However this feature is not present in the machine made rugs. These colors will float into water as soon as they encounter any liquid spill. Color fastness is an authentic parameter for selecting a handmade rug authenticity.
Identify the Fringe
Fringe is an important identification parameter in the identification of handmade rugs. Hand knotted rugs have the fringes that are made up of excessive yarn tied on both sides of the rug or cut from the looms. In machine made rugs fringes are not sewn and only stick to foundation.
High quality and affordable rugs in Dublin are present at the rug store in Columbus.
Latest Handmade rugs are made up of 100 % pure and natural materials. Oriental and Persian rugs are made up of natural fibers. Cotton wool and silk are mostly used in the construction of handmade rugs. Machine made rugs are made up of the synthetic material such as acrylics and polypropylene.
Cost is not a reliable factor for checking the quality. Handmade rugs are always more expensive than the machine made rugs. Cost is one of the main factors. These rugs are made within a time span of year and a team works.
You must consider the cost before buying a stylish rug especially if you are thinking about online shopping. This cost is not too much because the effort the workers are putting in is much considerable and cannot be neglected.
Reasons for Choosing Handmade Rugs
- There are many reasons that force you to buy a handmade rug. These are the ideal choices if you have an artistic taste. Handmade rugs are the real cultural legacies however some of the main reasons are
- Latest handmade rugs are highly durable.
- These are the signature pieces of art that are created with the great passion and creative approach.
- Craftsmanship is true and transferred to them generations after generations.
- You cannot get two same pieces. Every single piece is original and has its own particular value.
- There are many imperfections that are their real identity. These latest rugs are purely man made. These perfects give a unique character to the rug.
- Last but not the least all the materials that are used in the manufacturing of handmade rugs are pure and come from the original sources.
Rug gallery Columbus offers you a wide range of options in all the compositions of rugs. You can easily select the one that pleases you. Rug galleries always prefer the satisfaction of customers.
Furthermore mass production of stylish handmade rugs is unique and reliable. You can never see two rugs with the same pattern design and color scheme. Handmade rugs are easily identified because of the craftsman skills and impressions. Handmade rugs have adorable imperfections that clearly define the beauty of rug makers and originality. Manual processes are automated and there are little or no chances of errors and other imperfections.
Cleaning of handmade rugs
Cleaning care and maintenance of handmade rugs is a prime factor to enhance their lifespan.
- Vacuum cleaning is one of the most preferable methods to remove dirt.
- Some rugs are washable and you can do home washing for these rugs.
- For odors use vinegar and ammonia solution it must be mild. For washing use a detergent that has mild nature and cannot damage the rug.
- Always wash a little portion first in order to find out that colors are strong and would not bleed on complete washing.
- For stains put some baking soda.
- Never rub the spills, it will damage the thread and beauty of the rug.
- For more care always contact some professional cleaning services. Rug gallery Columbus has all those rugs that can be cleaned very easily.
Rugs Cleaning And Maintenance
Machine Made Rugs:
If you are thinking of being frugal for your home decoration. No question machine made rugs are the best options. You probably end up buying a rug that is machine made. Machine made rugs are affordable as compared to the real handmade or hand knotted rugs. However there are a lot of differences in machine made rugs and their counterparts.
Most of the people operate that handmade rugs can never be the same as the machine made rugs. Both of the rugs can pass from generations to generations the only key element is the proper care and maintenance. All the rugs are present in a wide range of collection at rug gallery Columbus ohio.
Machine made rugs are the rugs that are particularly made by the giant machines also called as the power looms. Power looms are automated machines connected by the string software operated by a computer. These rugs are manufactured within a very short period of time.
In the synthesis of machine made rugs Wool, synthetic fibers, polypropylene, nylon, polyester are the commonly used materials. Beside these acrylics and the derived compounds are also used.
In the European countries and America the prevalent weaving technique that is used for making the machine made rugs is the Wilton weave method. A large amount of yarn, almost a thousand creels of yarn are introduced in eight different colors in the weaver.
All the process is handled by the computer. Machines are automated and do all the work according to the instructions. Latest rug making machines follow the face to face weaving method and rugs are prepared faster than ever.in this technique two backing with a single sandwiched pile are observed.
Once the rug is ready and the weaving is complete these two backings are split into two parts with the same design and pattern on the both. Colors are even the same with no differences at all.
Programmed or the machine made rugs are designed by the computerized systems. Machines not only made rugs faster but there are also a lot of benefits just as a vast diversity of designs, sizes variation durability and less costly.
Machine made rugs are cost friendly. These rugs are available at relatively low prices as compared to the other hand made rugs. Machine made rugs are not a life time investment, these rugs have a life span of almost 20 years.
Lifespan of a rug mainly depends on the quality of the fiber that is used in production. However the life span also depends on the care and maintenance as well. These rugs are not such high value. However you can trust a brand. Rug gallery Columbus offers you the best rugs. You can get one of an amazing quality from the rug store.
Commonly favored and used material in manufacturing of machine made rugs is the polypropylene. Polypropylene is used all over the world because it can be prepared in the house affordable and stain resistant as well. Weaving machine works well with the polypropylene.
You need to have an eagle to detect the difference between the machine made rugs and the handmade rugs. To the untutored eyes both of the rugs appear to be the same.
You can easily get the programmed affordable rug at rug gallery Columbus ohio.
Properties of machine made rugs
Colors in the machine made rugs are not blended in depth. They are not similar to the handmade designs and colors. However only the colors can be matched; machines cannot follow the same scheme as they do in handmade rugs.
Color fading is very common in the machine made rugs. If the color bleeds or begins to fade at the tops then you can simply detect that it is machine made.
Machine made rugs are not soft. Machines are only capable of replicating the softness.
Back side of rug
Most of the machine made rugs have the piles that are stuck and sewn on the backside. Power loomed rugs are similar to the handmade rugs. Machine made rugs have great perfections. These perfections cannot be found in the handmade rugs.
Edges of machine made rug
Machine made rugs have double edges. Edges are cast with stitches.
Reasons to choose machine made rugs
- Machine made rugs are better fit to the places where the traffic is unusually high.
- You cannot use the handmade rugs for an extensive wear and tear. Machine made rugs have eliminated this guilt. You can use the machine made rugs roughly as well.
- Material used in the construction of machine made rugs exist in a wide variety and suits your home so well.
- These rugs are ideal for every place such as your offices and household.
- These are easy to deal with the pets and kids playing.
Selection of machine made rugs
- Style, size, pattern, design and color are the factors that help you a lot in the selection of a machine made rug.
- If you are thinking of placing a rug in the high traffic zones that are frequently exposed to people, pets and even kids always choose durability over delicacy. In these areas wool and synthetic compounds work well.
- If you are putting a rug in the room such as bed room or living room. Size selection is important. Select a rug that is large and can occupy the space easily. Choose a rug that fits the length and width. Innumerable varieties of size are available at the rug gallery Columbus.
- Color selection is important. Select the color that suits the color of the furniture. For solid color you can select a pattern that is intricate. Geometrical and floral patterns are a good choice. You can find a good color blend at the rug store.
- At the rug store a large selection of quality rugs are offered.
- Machine made rugs are a good choice. However they can only be preferred over the handmade rugs in terms of cost. These rugs are decent and look good and versatile in the places they are sitting in.
Caring and Cleaning Of Machine Made Rugs
- A low budget can be the best option in buying a machine made rug. These rugs are particularly designed for the high traffic homes, entrances and garages.
- Machine made rugs are destined to treat the dirt all along the pathways and have to suffer severe situations for wear.
- Vacuum cleaning is a good option. You can clean and remove the dirt by using the vacuum cleaner at a lower speed.
- Leave blowers can also be used to remove the debris.
- Some rugs are machine washables but be careful that color will not bleed.
- Cleaning and maintaining will enhance the life span of rugs. Proper cleaning must be done to keep the rug in its original value.
Buying rugs online
- Online shopping is a big challenge. Buying rugs online is quite tricky. For buying an online rug always make sure the following considerations
- If you are going to buy a rug online first of all read the reviews about the website you are going to choose.
- Read the reviews, suggestions, reputation and testimonials.
- Take your time and read their payment methods, materials used, buying and selling approach and agreements and return policies.
- Closely examine the uploaded pictures. Read all the features. Durability and guarantee
- You can also contact the customer services to answer all of your queries.
- This is a thing that you are doing on your behalf. You can rely on the reputable sources. Don’t go for the one who will not respond to you later.
- Whatever you are buying either it’s a handmade rug or a machine made rug. Buy wisely because this is actually your lifetime investment.
Buying Rugs Online
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I clean machine made rugs?
1. Machine made rugs are destined to treat the dirt all along the pathways and have to suffer severe situations for wear.
2. Vacuum cleaning is a good option. You can clean and remove the dirt by using the vacuum cleaner at a lower speed.
3. Leave blowers can also be used to remove the debris.
What rugs are more costly?
Cost is not a reliable factor for checking the quality. Latest handmade rugs are always more expensive than the machine made rugs. Cost is one of the main factors. These rugs are made within a time span of year and a team works. You must consider the cost before buying a rug especially if you are thinking about online shopping. This cost is not too much because the effort the workers are putting in is much considerable and cannot be neglected.
What are handmade rugs?
Handmade rugs are produced in the areas where the labor is relatively affordable such as India, China, Turkey, Afghanistan and Pakistan etc. Handmade rugs are available in both the traditional and modern designs and patterns. Handmade rugs are amazing pieces of art that really enhance the value of your home. This is such a wise investment that you will never regret buying one.